Weekly Newsletter (January 9-13, 2023)
Happy new year and welcome back to CHAOSS meetings! We missed you! This is a reminder that working group meetings have now officially resumed. If you need to dust off the CHAOSS calendar and reorient yourself to when meetings happen, you can do any of the following:
- Join the #general channel in our Slack workspace for daily meeting reminders
- Subscribe to the CHAOSS calendar
- Check out the bottom of this weekly newsletter for meeting links and agendas
Hope to see you at one of our meetings very soon!
Change to CHAOSS Asia Pacific Meeting
In an effort to better align the CHAOSS Asia Pacific group with the TODO group, the CHAOSS Asia Pacific group will be making the following adjustments to their meeting:
- Meeting is changing from a bi-weekly cadence to a monthly cadence
- Day of the meeting moves to the second Monday of the month
- Time of the meeting moves to 3 pm UTC+8 (China Standard Time)
What is not changing is the zoom link (https://zoom.us/my/chaoss) and the amazing folks who attend these meetings. Pop in to say hello if this is in your region!
CHAOSScon EU 2023 is Happening!
We are super excited to invite you to CHAOSScon EU 2023, happening in conjunction with FOSDEM in Brussels, Belgium. CHAOSScon day will happen on February 3 from 8:00 to 17:00 Central European Standard Time. Morning sessions will consist of interactive chats, and the afternoon will be dedicated to GrimoireLab and Augur. Registration is open and you can learn more about this conference on the CHAOSScon EU 2023 website.
Hope you can join us!
Next Onboarding Session for New Chaotics
The CHAOSS community continues to grow! To make the onboarding process a little easier, Elizabeth Barron (CHAOSS Community Manager) and Ruth Ikegah (CHAOSS Africa Community Lead) will be hosting the next Onboarding Session on February 1, 2023 at 11:00 am US Central/Chicago time. We know this time is not convenient for everyone, but this is just a start and we will add and iterate as we go.
This meeting will cover:
- General overview of CHAOSS
- How you can begin contributing
- How to get started with using the metrics
We hope you can join to meet other newcomers and learn about CHAOSS! You can convert to your time zone here.
All calls use our CHAOSS community Zoom link: https://zoom.us/my/chaoss. All meetings are listed in the US Central Time (Chicago) timezone, currently on Daylight Savings Time. (Convert into your local time here). You can also subscribe to the CHAOSS Calendar, or join the #general channel on Slack for meeting reminders.
Monday, January 16, 2023
7:00 am Getting Started with Augur (no agenda)
- CHAOSS on the Web: chaoss.community
- CHAOSS on GitHub: github.com/chaoss
- CHAOSS on Community Bridge: tinyurl.com/y6bao886
- CHAOSS Podcast: tinyurl.com/CHAOSScast
- CHAOSS on YouTube: youtube.com/c/CHAOSStube
- CHAOSS on Twitter: twitter.com/chaossproj
- CHAOSS on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/chaoss/
- CHAOSS on Slack: chaoss-workspace