Weekly Newsletter (April 5-9, 2021)
Upcoming Workshops for Getting Started as a Contributor to CHAOSS Software
In case you missed it, we have successfully launched a series of free virtual workshops to help you get started contributing to CHAOSS software (mostly centered on Augur). All workshops will be hosted on our Community Zoom (https://zoom.us/my/chaoss) and are from 8am – 10am CDT, 6:30pm – 8:30pm IST. You can join as an attendee, or a mentor! GSoC Students are also highly encouraged to attend.
- April 13, 2021 – Workshop: Restful API Development
- April 20, 2021 – Jupyter Notebooks: Getting Started
- April 27, 2021 – Jupyter Notebook Visualizations
- May 24, 2021 – Workshop: Configuring Your Computer (Getting Setup for Python Development in CHAOSS)
- June 5, 2021 – Workshop: Restful API Development
- June 19, 2021 – Jupyter Notebooks: Getting Started
- July 17, 2021 – Jupyter Notebook Visualizations
- July 31, 2021 – Workshop: Configuring Your Computer (Getting Setup for Python Development in CHAOSS & Intro to Github Workflow)
Last Day for GSoC Applications!
Here is a reminder that applications for participating in Google Summer of Code are open until April 13, 2021. Potential students can see the list of ideas here: https://github.com/chaoss/governance/blob/master/GSoC-Ideas.md and how to apply here: https://github.com/chaoss/governance/blob/master/GSoC-interest.md. Good luck to all!
CHAOSScast Episode 32:
SmartSHARK: Reproducible Project and Code Analysis with Steffen Herbold and Alexander Trautsch
We are thrilled to host Alexander Trautsch and Steffen Herbold from SmartSHARK this week, where our panelists Georg Link, Sean Goggins, and Andrea Gallo discuss running data analytics on and collecting large bodies of data about repositories, and using SmartSHARK to gain insights from that data. You can listen here! https://podcast.chaoss.community/32
All calls (except the D&I Badging Outreach call) use our CHAOSS community Zoom link: https://zoom.us/my/chaoss. All meetings are listed in the US Central Time (Chicago) timezone. (Convert into your local time here).
Tuesday, April 13
10:00am D&I Badging Outreach Track (Agenda and Minutes)
11:00am CHAOSS Weekly Sync (Agenda & Minutes)
Wednesday, April 14
9:00am Evolution Working Group Meeting (Agenda & Minutes)
10:00am Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Working Group Meeting (Agenda & Minutes)
Thursday, April 15
10:00am Common Metrics Working Group Meeting (Agenda & Minutes)
2:00pm Risk Working Group Meeting (Agenda & Minutes)