Learn about open source project health metrics and tools used by open source projects, communities, and engineering teams to track and analyze their community work. This conference will provide a venue for discussing open source project health, CHAOSS updates, use cases, and hands-on workshops for developers, community managers, project managers, and anyone interested in measuring open source project health. We will also share insights from the CHAOSS working groups on Diversity and Inclusion, Evolution, Risk, Value, and Common Metrics.
Code of Conduct at Event
All speakers and attendees are required to adhere to our Event Code of Conduct. If you have any concerns regarding code of conduct issues prior to the event or during the event, please contact Elizabeth Barron or Georg Link.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting the CHAOSS Code of Conduct Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Emergency Services at the event, please dial (911)
Call for Participation
Submit a Proposal
This conference is about open source metrics. If you are interested in speaking at CHAOSScon North America on Thursday, September 30, please read through the rest of this page to understand the types of talks that are appropriate for this conference, and then submit your proposal.
Dates to Remember:
- CFP Opens: Monday, June 21, 2021
- CFP Closes: Friday August 13, 2021
- CFP Notifications: Friday, August 27, 2021
- Schedule Announcement: Friday, September 10, 2021
- Slide Due Date: Friday, September 24, 2021
- Event Date: Thursday, September 30, 2021
All submissions should relate to the CHAOSS project's mission of developing metrics, methodologies, and software for expressing open source project health and sustainability. By measuring open source project health and sustainability, CHAOSS seeks to improve the transparency and actionability of open source project health and sustainability so that relevant stakeholders can make more informed decisions about open source project engagement.
Software related metrics topics:
- walk throughs
- new features
Metrics related topics:
- metrics strategy
- deep dive into the use of metrics
- failure of metrics in practice
- lessons learned, use cases, and case studies
- proposals for new metrics
- new visualizations
Schedule: September 30, 2021 9:00 am to 12:30 pm
|8:00||Registration & Networking (Hallway Track)|
|9:00 - 9:10||Welcome & State of CHAOSS
|9:10 - 9:40||Keynote
|9:45 - 10:00||Presentation 1|
|10:05 - 10:20||Presentation 2|
|10:25 - 10:40||Break|
|10:45 - 11:00||Presentation 3|
|11:05) - 11:20||Presentation 4|
|11:25 - 11:40||Lightning Talks|
|11:45 - 12:00||Presentation 5|
|12:05 - 12:20||Presentation 6|
|12:30||Group Photo with Conference Participants|
|TBA||CHAOSS Networking Event|
Speakers and Session Descriptions
This is a community organized event, and we rely on sponsors to cover costs for coffee and other refreshments. If you are interested in sponsoring, please have a look at our sponsor_prospectus. Thank you to our current sponsors!
CHAOSScon NA 2021 Organizing Committee
- Daniel Izquierdo
- Dawn Foster
- Georg Link
- Kevin Lumbard
- Matt Germonprez
- Ray Paik
- Sean Goggins
- Sophia Vargas
- Elizabeth Barron
- Matt Cantu
- Vinod Ahuja
- CHAOSScon 2020 Europe, January 31, 2020, Brussels, Belgium, co-located with FOSDEM 2020.
- CHAOSScon 2019 North America, August 20th, 2019, San Diego, California, co-located with Open Source Summit 2019.
- CHAOSScon 2019 Europe, February 1, 2019, Brussels, Belgium, co-located with FOSDEM 2019.
- CHAOSScon 2018 North America, August 28, 2018, Vancouver, Canada, co-located with Open Source Summit North America 2018.
- CHAOSScon 2018 Europe, February 2, 2018, Brussels, Belgium, co-located with FOSDEM 2018.