Every year seems like a big year for CHAOSS, and this year was no exception. Here are some of the milestones we reached in 2022:
- Our Slack community grew to almost 1000 members! (Huge welcome to all our new faces. We are so happy you are here!)
- We launched CHAOSS Africa and Ruth Ikegah is serving as the CHAOSS Africa Community Lead! (Ruth has done a fantastic job bringing newcomers to CHAOSS and open source in general.)
- Our CHAOSS Asia-Pacific community became instrumental in helping build metrics models and working with OSPOs (Shoutout to Xiaoya Xia and Yehui Wang for leading that community to where it is today.)
- To date, we have issued nearly 100 DEI event badges, and we doubled our team of Badgers! (We are so appreciative of our Badging Team and all those who filled out an application to get their event badged.)
- We officially released our first Metrics Model: Code Quality Guarantee! (This group has been working hard to define what should be included in our Metrics Model definitions and what those look like.)
- Although we are still putting on the finishing touches, we redesigned the website and launched a new knowledge base! (Shoutout to Kevin Lumbard, Yash Prakash, Ruth Ikegah, Xiaoya Xia, Kingsley Mkpandiok, and Belema George for making this happen.)
- We started an OSPO Working Group! (Thanks to all who have helped support the transition from Value to OSPOs.)
- We launched new Monthly Onboarding Calls! (Thanks to Ruth Ikegah and all the newcomers who have attended these.)
- We began collaborating with new friends: Compass and TODO Group!
- Augur and GrimoireLab released versions with major improvements! (Huge congratulations and thank yous to both of those teams.)
- We collaborated with PyData Ghana on Augur Sprints! (Thanks to all who attended and helped organize this.)
- To date, we have released 69 episodes in the CHAOSScast Podcast! (Thanks to Georg Link and Venia Logan for organizing these, and all the panelists and guests who participated.)
- We took part in Google Summer of Code, Google Season of Docs, Outreachy and She Code Africa! (Thank you so much to all our mentors and mentees. We love you! )
We are so incredibly grateful to all those who have attended community and working group meetings, contributed code, created design assets, participated in our community survey, greeted newcomers in Slack, helped review old metrics, improved our documentation, offered suggestions, helped another Chaotic find an answer, or any of the myriad of other ways our contributors have participated in the global CHAOSS community. You are what makes CHAOSS move forward and we couldn’t do much without the strength of our community. Here’s to an amazing 2023— our future has never looked brighter!