Risk Working Group Meeting Update
The Risk Working Group has decided to follow in the footsteps of the Evolution Working Group and move to primarily asynchronous interaction. This means that the regular Risk Working Group meetings have been removed from the CHAOSS calendar. Thank you to Sophia Vargas for volunteering to be the Risk Liaison in case new metrics need to be developed. Two points of note:
- The Risk WG Minutes/Agenda will be kept as an open document and when there are enough items to be discussed, an ad-hoc meeting can be scheduled.
- This group also interacts often with the OpenSSF Risk Dashboard meetings and the CHAOSS OSPO/Todo Group meetings, so risk-related discussions can also happen there.
If you are not a part of the Risk Working Group on Slack, you can join here.
Thanks to Our New Context Liaisons!
We recently put the call out for Context Liaisons and it was immediately answered! Our Context Liaisons are responsible for attending both meetings (Common and their Context WG). They will create a first draft of the metrics/metrics models to be developed using the CHAOSS template. We are currently documenting the finer details of this role, but in the meantime we are sending out a huge thanks to the following CHAOTICS for stepping up to fulfill this role:
- Jenn Colt – University OSPO Context Group
- Ruth Ikegah, Maryblessing Okolie – OSPO/Todo Context Working Group
- Sean Goggins, Anita Ihuman, Busayo Oyo – Scientific Software Working Group
CHAOTIC of the Week Will Be Back Soon
Just a point of note that our regular CHAOTIC of the Week segment has been on pause for a couple of weeks, but it will continue next week. If you have any nominations for a CHAOTIC of the Week, let Elizabeth Barron know!
Here are the summaries of all the CHAOSS meetings this week:
- Weekly Community Call (minutes, summary, recording)
- CHAOSS KB Audit (minutes, recording)
- DEI Working Group (minutes, summary, recording)
- University OSPO Context Working Group (minutes, summary, recording)
- CHAOSS Africa Community Meeting (minutes, summary, recording)
- Scientific Software Context Working Group (minutes, summary, recording)
- OSPO Context Working Group (minutes, summary, recording)
- CHAOSS Africa Developers Meeting (recording)
All calls use our CHAOSS Community Zoom link (https://zoom.us/my/chaoss). All meetings listed here are in US Central / Chicago Time Zone, currently on Daylight Savings Time (UTC -5). You can convert to your local time here. You can also subscribe to the CHAOSS Calendar or watch for meeting reminders that are posted daily in the #general channel in Slack.
Tuesday, August 1
4:00 am CHAOSS Africa Developers Sync (no agenda)
7:30 am Metrics Models Working Group (Minutes and Agenda)
9:00 am Newcomer Hangout (no agenda)
11:00 am CHAOSS Weekly Community Meeting (Minutes and Agenda)
Wednesday, August 2
10:00 am Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Working Group (Minutes and Agenda)
Thursday, August 3
10:00 am Common Working Group Meeting (Minutes and Agenda)