Weekly Newsletter (April 25-26, 2022)
Reminder: Mentorship Program Deadlines for GSoD is May 4
If you are one of our student mentorship program applicants for the Google Season of Docs program, this is a reminder about some important information:
- Deadline to apply to CHAOSS is May 4
- Instructions for applying are in our GSoD document
- Our GSoD Proposal is important reading
- Join the #google-season-of-docs Slack channel if you have any last minute questions
Best of luck to all our mentee applicants. We are glad you’re in the CHAOSS community!
Volunteer Opportunity: Help With Our Maintainer Burnout Session
As part of GitHub’s Maintainer Month (June), CHAOSS is hosting a one-hour interactive workshop on Maintainer Burnout. This is in the early stages of planning, but you can find more information in the initial planning document. We are currently working toward confirming a date and time, and the agenda. If you would like to help with this event, please reach out to Ruth Ikegah on the CHAOSS slack.
CHAOSS Meeting Changes
There are 2 meeting updates to be aware of:
- No Asia Pacific Community Meeting this week because of the May Day holiday in China. The next meeting is May 18 at 8:00 am US Central/Chicago time.
- The App Ecosystem Meeting is switching day and time to every other Tuesday at 1:00 pm US Central/Chicago time, starting May 10.
As always, these changes are reflected on the main CHAOSS calendar which you can subscribe to on the CHAOSS Participate page.
CHAOSS Web Content Meeting Revival
We are reviving the Web Content meetings, hooray! The purpose of these meetings in the short term is to discuss the redesign of the CHAOSS website. If you would like to be part of this project, you can join these meetings — they are open to everyone.
These meetings will happen every other Thursday at 9:00 am US Central/Chicago time, starting on May 12.
Reminder: You’re Invited! DEI Event Badging Reviewer Appreciation Event June 16
Please join us on June 16, 2022 at 8:00 am US Central/Chicago time (convert to your time) as we celebrate our amazing team of reviewers and the success of the DEI Badging Initiative! This will be a fun, informal virtual event, and of course, there is no cost to participate. You can register for the event here.
All calls use our CHAOSS community Zoom link: https://zoom.us/my/chaoss. All meetings are listed in the US Central Time (Chicago) timezone, currently on Daylight Savings Time. (Convert into your local time here).
Tuesday, May 3
9:00 am – Open Office Hours (no agenda)
10:00am – Evolution Working Group (Agenda & Minutes)
11:00am – Weekly Community Call (Agenda & Minutes)
Wednesday, May 4
10:00am – Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Working Group Meeting (Agenda and Minutes)
Thursday, May 5
10:00am – Value Working Group Meeting (Agenda and Minutes)
1:00pm – Risk Working Group Meeting (Agenda and Minutes)
- CHAOSS on the Web: chaoss.community
- CHAOSS on GitHub: github.com/chaoss
- CHAOSS on Community Bridge: tinyurl.com/y6bao886
- CHAOSS Podcast: tinyurl.com/CHAOSScast
- CHAOSS on YouTube: youtube.com/c/CHAOSStube
- CHAOSS on Twitter: twitter.com/chaossproj
- CHAOSS on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/chaoss/
- CHAOSS on Slack: chaoss-workspace