Weekly Newsletter (August 30-September 3, 2021)
No Meetings Today
Due to the US Holiday, there will be no meetings today. All meetings will go back to normal tomorrow. 🙂 See you then!
Evolution Working Group Change to Tuesdays
Starting tomorrow (September 7), the Evolution Working Group will be meeting bi-weekly on Tuesdays at 10:00 am US Central/Chicago time. There are already some interesting metrics being worked on for the next 2022 release, in almost every focus area of the group: code development efficiency, code development activity, code development process quality, and community growth. We encourage you to join this meeting if these topics sound interesting to you!
DEI Badging Initiative Updates
The DEI Badging Initiative hosts 2 meetings a week that you are welcome to join if you would like to help drive this project. These are 30-minute meetings and use a different Zoom link than our usual link:
- DEI Badging Outreach – Every Tuesday at 10:00 am US Central (Chicago) time. This meeting is about strategies to promote the DEI Badging Initiative to those who may be interested in applying for a badge. (Zoom link is here)
- DEI Badging Weekly – Every Wednesday at 8:30 am US Central (Chicago) time. This meeting is to discuss general topics around the program. (Zoom link is here)
The DEI Badging Initiative is also looking for more reviewers of potential applicants! If you would like to help make events more inclusive and welcoming, this is your chance. Our DEI Badging Initiative has a very real and tangible impact on the way open source events are organized. If you’d like to be a volunteer for this, please reach out to Matt Cantu, join one of the DEI Badging meetings, or join us in Slack.
Public Comment Period on our Metrics is Open!
From September 1-30, 2021, the public comment and review period is open for all the metrics currently under review. Our community is encouraged to review and add comments to these metrics candidates during this 30-day review period. PLEASE feel free to add your input, +1’s, or any other comments to any or all of these 16 metrics:
- Programming Language Distribution
- Collaboration Platform Activity
- Technical Fork (re-opened)
- Bot Activity
- Event Locations
- Psychological Safety
- Inclusive Experience at Event
- Event Demographics
- Time Inclusion for Virtual Events
- Documentation Discoverability
- Organizational Influence
- Contribution Attribution
- Upstream Dependency Count
- Academic Open Source Project Impact
Thank you so much for your help in making our metrics the best they can be.
Reminder: Come Join us in Slack!
CHAOSS has revived our Slack channel as a form of connecting with our community and holding space for newcomers to ask questions. If you like Slack, join us here! https://join.slack.com/t/chaoss-workspace/shared_invite/zt-r65szij9-QajX59hkZUct82b0uACA6g. Join our #office-hours channel if you have questions, or just pop in our #general channel to say hello! (Also, please note, we have updated the link, so now it won’t expire!)
All calls (except the DEI Badging calls) use our CHAOSS community Zoom link: https://zoom.us/my/chaoss. All meetings are listed in the US Central Time (Chicago) timezone. (Convert into your local time here).
Monday, September 6
No meetings – US Holiday
Tuesday, September 7
10:00 am – Evolution Working Group (Agenda & Minutes)
11:00 am – Weekly Community Call (Agenda & Minutes)
Wednesday, September 8
8:00am Asia – Pacific CHAOSS Community Call (Agenda & Minutes)
8:30am DEI Badging Weekly (Zoom Link)
10:00am Diversity & Inclusion Working Group Meeting (Agenda & Minutes)
Thursday, September 9
9:00am Value Working Group Meeting (Agenda & Minutes)
- CHAOSS on the Web: chaoss.community
- CHAOSS on GitHub: github.com/chaoss
- CHAOSS on Community Bridge: tinyurl.com/y6bao886
- CHAOSS Podcast: tinyurl.com/CHAOSScast
- CHAOSS on YouTube: youtube.com/c/CHAOSStube
- CHAOSS on Twitter: twitter.com/chaossproj
- CHAOSS on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/chaoss/
- CHAOSS on Slack: chaoss-workspace