Weekly Newsletter (Aug 17-21, 2020)
Welcome Jaskirat and Xiaoya to GSoD!
We are thrilled to have Jaskirat Singh and Xiaoya Xia officially joining CHAOSS under this year’s Google Season of Docs! Jaskirat will be working on the CHAOSS Community Handbook, and Xiaoya will be working with the D&I Badging Program, building out the documentation for applicants, reviewers, and moderators. GSoD runs until December 6 and we can’t wait to see the improvements and changes that they implement over the next few months!
Congratulations to All GSoC and Outreachy Students
With 10 total students participating in the Google Summer of Code and Outreachy programs, we are extremely thankful for the amazing progress made by all. We are sad to see you all go and hope that you continue with CHAOSS in a less official capacity! It’s been wonderful to have you contributing to the project. Our students this year were:
- Saicharan Reddy – GitLab Data Collection and Testing
- Abhinav Bajpai – GitLab Data Collection Worker in Augur
- Tianyi Zhou – Social Network Analysis and Anomaly Detection in Augur
- Pratik Mishra – Machine Learning for Anomaly Detection
- Akshara P – Machine Learning for Anomaly Detection
- Sarit Adhikari – Machine Learning for Anomaly Detection
- Tola Ore-Aruwaji – Localization and Internationalization
- Aastha Bist – Building D&I Badging Program
- Ria Gupta – Building SCMS Program
- Venu Vardhan Reddy Tekula – Quality Models in GrimoireLab
They did an amazing job and we are so proud of all of them!
CHAOSScast Episode 14: The Theory and Future of Measurement with Chris Mercer
This week we delve deeper into analyzation of metrics, the conclusions we can make from them, and how that impacts the changes that are made. Mercer gives us a different perspective from the world of digital marketing and shows us the power of being able to answer relevant questions and identify trends and patterns. It’s a great listen, which you can do so here: https://podcast.chaoss.community/14.
MEETING CHANGE: RISK WG
To better accommodate schedules of some of the core Risk Working Group members, the regular meetings have changed to every other Thursday at 4:00 pm CDT.
All meetings are in US Central Time (UTC-5) and are held at unomaha.zoom.us/j/720431288. We’d love for you to join!