Question: Where are open source project events located?
This metric helps understand where events for a project are located to better understand the project’s commitment to engage a global audience. Project events may include conferences, hackathons, meetups, and other synchronous get togethers. Project events may be embedded or co-located with other open source events.
To give insight as to where project events and meet-ups are happening globally.
- Virtual versus in-person or hybrid
- Attention to time zones
- Collocated with another conference
- Geographic Region
- Type of event (local meetup vs. global conference)
Tools Providing the Metric
- Shared or publicly available calendars on project websites
- Event lists on Foundation or project websites
Data Collection Strategies (Optional)
- Ask event organizers
- Look on project or foundation websites. For example: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/
- Aggregated Open Source event sites
- IEEE SA Open’s Community Calendar: https://saopen.ieee.org/events/
- Elizabeth Barron
- Dawn Foster
- Vinod Ahuja
- Kevin Lumbard
- Matt Germonprez